WTX 8.3 memory not enough error when mapping a binary file

Formally known as "Mercator Inside Integrator 6.7", DataStage TX enables high-volume, complex transactions without the need for additional coding.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

dennysthemenace
Participant

WTX 8.3 memory not enough error when mapping a binary file

Post by dennysthemenace »

Hi
I am using Version: 8.3.0.0, Build id: 195 design studio on a 3.1 ghz and 2 gb ram desktop. I have to map a 200mb binary file (image, pdf) to an EDI file. I am getting "Not enough memory to execute the map" error once the input file size exceeds 100MB. I have increased page size and page count, but it did not help. I changed the workspace settings and I am still having the same problem. I have no problem in mapping a 200 mb EDI file in to multiple xml files without any problem. Is this something to do with packing a binary file inside an EDI file? I am able to read the file, but WTX gives out memory error when I try to map the binary file into EDI file and write the whole file. It is working fine when I just read and write the binary file, without using the EDI to be mapped. I have copied the audit log below.

<ExecutionSummary MapStatus="Error" mapreturn="2" ElapsedSec="0.2744" BurstRestartCount="0">
<Message>Not enough memory to execute map</Message>
<CommandLine>'Maps\EDI_275_Build.mmc'</CommandLine>

<TargetReport card="1" adapter="File" bytes="0" adapterreturn="0">
<Message>Data written successfully</Message>
<Settings>Maps\..\Output\test.txt</Settings>
<TimeStamp>05:30:00 January 1, 1970</TimeStamp>
</TargetReport>

<WorkArea type="File">
<outputarea card="1" Path="Maps\Mer_EDI_275_Build_23921276240733_2.O01" TimeStamp="13:06:57 June 11, 2010" bytes="0"/>
</WorkArea>

</ExecutionSummary>

<WorkSpace>
<Location type="File" action="Delete">
<Directory type="Map">Maps</Directory>
<FileName type="Default" prefix="Unique"></FileName>
</Location>
<Paging>
<PageSize>1024</PageSize>
<PageCount>512</PageCount>
</Paging>
</WorkSpace>