Change Capture Stage

Formally known as "Mercator Inside Integrator 6.7", DataStage TX enables high-volume, complex transactions without the need for additional coding.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

RahulChandra
Participant

Change Capture Stage

Post by RahulChandra »

I am creating a Parallel job using Change Capture Stage. SQL Server(source stage), Oracle (target stage)
I like change capture to do a insert when there is a insert(working)
update when there is a delete (not working)
update when there is a update(working)
Please let me know how I can achieve this.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

First step would be to re-post your question in the correct forum. For PX questions, that would be the Enterprise Edition forum. This one is for TX questions, a completely different product.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
abhijain
Participant

Post by abhijain »

'update when there is a delete'
Change capture performs delete when there is a delete ideally. It does what it is supposed to do.

Alternatively, you can validate the value of change_code=2(Delete) in filter/transformer stage after change capture and can perform the update operation.
Rgrds,
Abhi
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

[sigh]
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There is no Change Capture stage in WebSphere Transformation Extender (formerly known as DataStage TX). If you post in the correct forum, you might receive more cogent answers.

If you post the same question in multiple fora, you will get exasperated answers from regular posters, who reasonably consider that such behaviour wastes their time.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.