Jobs Aborts

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

talk2shaanc
Charter Member
Charter Member

Jobs Aborts

Post by talk2shaanc »

I installed 7.5.2 on one desktop for training purpose. The server and client reside on the same system.
I created a simple job, which reads data from one file and writes to another file. "A simple copy"

Code: Select all

Seq file1 ---> Seq file 2
While running the job I am getting below error.
node_node1: Fatal Error: broadcastStepIR: socketpair(AF_UNIX, SOCK_STREAM, 0, socketArray) failed on node node1: Addr family not supported by proto family
main_program: The Section Leader on node node1 has terminated unexpectedly.
main_program: APT_PMpollUntilZero: WARNING: called with counter = 0
Could someone help in resolving the issue?
Shantanu Choudhary
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Is the version 7.5.2r2 or just 7.5.2? One supports running PX jobs while the other does not.
talk2shaanc
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by talk2shaanc »

ArndW wrote:Is the version 7.5.2r2 or just 7.5.2? One supports running PX jobs while the other does not. ...
Is its 7.5.2...We have installed the software in past on other system as well, and it was working.
Shantanu Choudhary
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

As far as I know, 7.5.2r2 is the only version of 7.x where one can run PX jobs on windows. Server jobs are unaffected. I don't know what the error message would be if you don't have the correct version, but your message is obscure enough to let me think that you do have the wrong version.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

7.5x2 actually. Other versions before 8.x will not even attempt to run PX jobs and the 'error' it logs is pretty clear on that point.

Found the message:

"This jobtype is not currently runnable on this platform"
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Lol - so both of us were wrong. OP regarding their version, me regarding which version is the right one :oops:

Try seeing if your CONFIG file is valid, either via UNIX "orchadmin check" or via the "Configurations" toolbar item in the designer.
talk2shaanc
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by talk2shaanc »

The version is 7.5x2.
Its seems OS is a problem, for which reason telnet is not working. I installed the software on Windows XP it worked, but its not working on Windows Vista.
Shantanu Choudhary
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Vista is definitely not a supported O/S. Further, you will probably find that MKS Toolkit's telnet service logs in first, so that the DataStage telnet service can not get port #23 when it tries to start.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.