XML Input Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bikan
Premium Member
Premium Member

XML Input Stage

Post by bikan »

Hi All,

My jobs looks like
External Source ===> XML input stage ===> output file

I am not getting any warning or fatal error in director then also data is not getting generated in output file.

If i am adding namespace declaration and keeping their ref value in xpath expression then job is running w/o warning but i not not getting data loaded in sequential file(output).
and after removing namespace declaration and their corresponding ref value from xpath i am getting proper output(data) in sequential file.

Pls suggest solution.

Thanks in advance

Murari
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I'm not in a position to check and don't remember the details, but I recall about a year ago we had issues with XML namespace definitions and installed an IBM patch that addressed the problem.
bikan
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bikan »

ArndW wrote:I'm not in a position to check and don't remember the details, but I recall about a year ago we had issues with XML namespace definitions and installed an IBM patch that addressed the problem.
Hi ArndW

Thanks for your response...
Can u elaborate on the details about IBM patch or location of all the IBM patches available for XML..

Thanks in advance
Murari
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Which part of this statement is unclear?
arndw wrote:I'm not in a position to check and don't remember the details
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
bikan
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bikan »

ray.wurlod wrote:Which part of this statement is unclear?
arndw wrote:I'm not in a position to check and don't remember the details
Hi..

Actaully i dont know abt the patch available in IBM for XML..
Thats why i wanted to know what does "installed an IBM patch that addressed the problem".

Thanks
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

It means that - without further clarification from the forums - you should check with your official support provider and see if this is a known issue with an available patch. I too recall such a thing, but it was part of the initial 8.x release where it was needed I believe, not 7. Regardless, check and let us know what you find out.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

I don't recall any namespace specific patches for 7, but that doesn't mean there weren't any. Namespaces can be very confusing, especially if you have any default namespaces (without a specific prefix). Those are some of the most confusing, where you will have xmlns="http...." without a prefix value. If you generate the xpath in the xml importer, you should get an NSxx value. This is proper.... but then various mismatches (the namespace info isn't in the detailed property box, or you have xpath that doesn't have the prefix in your description properties on the link, or a document comes in that doesn't use it.....all can result in 0 rows coming out of the Stage. Look carefully at all the possibilities. Worst case, just "zap" out the namespace info in the header before (in an upstream transformer) entering the XMLInput Stage.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>