Migration of code from 7.1 to 7.5.1

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ag_ram
Premium Member
Premium Member

Migration of code from 7.1 to 7.5.1

Post by ag_ram »

Will thr be any change in the data formats(date) if a code is mgrated from DS 7.1 to DS 7.5.1, as 7.1 doesn't support NLS
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

7.1 does support NLS. It was probably not installed at your site.

There will be no change to date and time formats - system defaults are always taken from ISO 8601. These can, of course, be changed in Administrator but, unless you do, there is no change.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
asorrell

Post by asorrell »

Unfortunately there is a a bug where NLS is screwing up the formatting for US-English with default 'D" (no arguments) formatting. It is selecting the the European default regardless of the settings.

I know the bug is present in release 8 NLS, but I'm not sure when it crept in, but it is really a pain. You can scan for a post I did earlier on changing the default manually in the internal files, but even that fix can have some side effects.
Andy Sorrell
Certified DataStage Consultant
IBM Analytics Champion 2009 - 2020
ag_ram
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Migration of code from 7.1 to 7.5.1

Post by ag_ram »

ag_ram wrote:Will thr be any change in the data formats(date) if a code is mgrated from DS 7.1 to DS 7.5.1, as 7.1 doesn't support NLS
The difference in the dsx(for same code) taken from 7.1 and 7.5.1 servers was in the Character Set. 7.1 used ENGLISH as the character set and 7.5.1 used CP1252 but the NLSLocale was same in both the dsx which was NLSLocale ",,,,".
My DS admin is of the view that migration from 7.1 to 7.5.1 might change the Date/time/Currency formats.
Will the character set CP1252 affect the character set ENGLISH???