Content of "Systematic Design" DVD

Make suggestions regarding the DSX site or the Forum

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

shankar_ramanath
Premium Member
Premium Member

Content of "Systematic Design" DVD

Post by shankar_ramanath »

I am planning to purchase two Category "C" DVDs. I definitely want to get "Reading the SCORE DVD". But I am torn between choosing "Lookup Stage" and "Systematic Design". I have perused the video sample and the content of "Systematic Design", but I am not convinced about the content. I think that the video sample hides the meat of the material (obviously), but I would have expected the description to be more specific. Does the DVD talk about things like "RCP"? I am afraid the term "metadata techniques" is nebuluous. Could you please shed more light?

Thanks,
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It does not discuss RCP at all. Rather, it is a systematic method that proceeds from design through making sure that your metadata are all in place before job design starts, then getting your design together in such a way that it can at any point in time be taken over by someone else - this involves things like getting the documentation in place first, recording your intentions, using meaningful and standard naming conventions, recording dependencies, and so on.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
shankar_ramanath
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by shankar_ramanath »

Thanks Ray! Appreciate your response. I will go ahead with the purchase of "Lookup Stage DVD"