Problems Searching Forum?

Make suggestions regarding the DSX site or the Forum

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mak7588
Participant

Problems Searching Forum?

Post by mak7588 »

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I've been noticing something weird...
Lately (probably the last month or so?) when I'm searching for info if I use the "search for all terms" radio button I only get posts back to April 2008... which means I'm probably missing some good info regarding things I'm having problems with. Has anyone else noticed this? Or perhaps have a suggestion as to what is happening? Before I used to get posts from before April 2008 included when I used "search for all terms".
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Interesting... I pretty much stick with Exact Match searches, but did run a couple of All Terms ones and you seem to be correct. The results don't go back very far. :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This seems to be getting worse. I just did a couple of searches for combinations of words I know to exist. All "all terms" searches returned no hits, and "any word" searches only returned results for the current month, both when the days filter was left blank and when the days filter was set to 400.

This is really worse than no search capability at all. I have a solution for an old problem, but can't find the old problem (not being prepared to wander back through the 10000+ posts in the forum itself).

Can someone please take a look at the search engine for DSXchange?
:cry:
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Gazelle
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Gazelle »

Today I did an "Exact Match" search for the text "job hang" (all other fields have their default values), and it returned 122 matches.

A "Search for all terms" with the text "job hang" returns the message: "No topics or posts met your search criteria"