Anyone using Cognos 8.4 and Glossary/Workbench

This forum is the beginning of our inclusion of Cognos users to have their own place to go within our community. It is said the ETL and BI don't intersect, but as IBM integrates their platforms, there are less lines of demarcation between the two.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

vmcburney
Participant

Anyone using Cognos 8.4 and Glossary/Workbench

Post by vmcburney »

Cognos 8.4 comes with a couple of new menu options - highlight a column and jump over to Business Glossary or jump over to Metadata Workbench (data lineage). Wondered if anyone was using this yet and how they got around the licensing issues. Seems to me that you would need a Workbench and Glossary license for every Cognos user for this to work.
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Hi Vincent....it's my impression that you have to have a Business Glossary Anywhere license for that user, which would also presume you have a BG license and for lineage, a Workbench license. I have it working....it's a nice integration.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Therefore a licence for every Cognos user who wants to access the technology?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

I steadfastly remain a "technical guy" and not a "pricing one"....but I am told that the Cognos feature for access to BG uses the BGA tooling under the covers....so would in theory justify a BGA license for each Cognos user desiring such access. This is a discussion for each site with their selling representative.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>

exercice in cognos

Post by Guest »

hi,
i m new beginig work with cognos ,
if u have any tuto or document on cognos can u send me plz

id_2pc@yahoo.com
thanks