Automatic way to integrate the Feed's from source system

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

Ashish
Participant

Automatic way to integrate the Feed's from source system

Post by Ashish »

Hi,

I would like to integrate around 30 inbound feeds coming from 10 source systems through datastage, The file types are excel, csv , text and rdbms, can anyone suggest the best way to integrate such diversed feeds through DataStage without any manual intervention and also suggest the dynamic method i can implement in datastage (If feeds increased in future minimal change is required).

Thnks
Aisi
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

How do you know when one of these feeds is ready? That is, what would trigger DataStage processing?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Ashish
Participant

Post by Ashish »

ray.wurlod wrote:How do you know when one of these feeds is ready? That is, what would trigger DataStage processing? ...

There is one Trigger file called X.X ones it appear in the directory, DataStage Jobs kick off.

Let me know if you need more information.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No, that's sufficient. Use a Wait For File activity in a job sequence that waits for the trigger file to appear, then whatever else you need is downstream of that in the job sequence.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.