The Websphere Transformation Extender Design Studio V8.2

Formally known as "Mercator Inside Integrator 6.7", DataStage TX enables high-volume, complex transactions without the need for additional coding.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

ray.wurlod
Participant

Encouragement

Post by ray.wurlod »

Someone has to be the pathfinder! Please post your "gotchas" here.
Best of luck.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
janhess
Participant

Post by janhess »

Lots of sites seem to be using it. Still bugs after intfix2. I believe there is a service pack due in April/May.
See IBM forum for more info.

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forum ... orumID=829
rvinakota
Participant

Re: File types description

Post by rvinakota »

V8.2 is eclipse based platform and it is more integrating to WMB (Websphere Message Broker) version 6.1
Keith
Participant

Post by Keith »

rvinakota wrote:V8.2 is eclipse based platform and it is more integrating to WMB (Websphere Message Broker) version 6.1

It still does not make any sense, why the .mtr and .mms description,

which is part of the integration ; is not named 'IBM WebSphere Transformation Extender '. :?: :shock:

Also;

has anyone had any problems attempting to run the Eclipse based IBM Websphere platform design studio V8.2 and having it work with Java version 1.6 ? :P

Or another question would be:
When running the The Websphere Transformation Extender Design Studio V8.2; what version of Java are you running? :?: :roll:
Keith
rvinakota
Participant

Post by rvinakota »

We have no problems for attempting to run eclipse based IBM WTX V8.2 with Java 1.6. Please see in Readme.txt file which gives clear notes on v8.2

Thanks.

It still does not make any sense, why the .mtr and .mms description,

which is part of the integration ; is not named 'IBM WebSphere Transformation Extender '. :?: :shock:

Also;

has anyone had any problems attempting to run the Eclipse based IBM Websphere platform design studio V8.2 and having it work with Java version 1.6 ? :P

Or another question would be:
When running the The Websphere Transformation Extender Design Studio V8.2; what version of Java are you running? :?: :roll:[/quote]
janhess
Participant

Post by janhess »

Did you associate all the file extensions with WTX 8.2 on instalation? If not they will remain associated with what ever they were before.
Keith
Participant

Post by Keith »

janhess wrote:Did you associate all the file extensions with WTX 8.2 on instalation? If not they will remain associated with what ever they were before.
Actually I did, [ almost wish I had'nt :( ] because my Extensions Pictures for my File types for the .mtt and .mmc [on Earlier Versions like Ascential Data Stage Tx ] were changed to WTXV8.2 :cry: PICS. If the solution to that is to un-install WTX and re-install it [and do the association check or uncheck again] I am not going to do that, since WTXV8.2 is running 'sweet' :D , and dont want to risk not being able to run WTx8.2 Some of my co-workers are having problems :? with running WTXV8.2 on their desk top.
I hear that IBM do not advise loading this WTX version on to a server just yet as there are still fixes to come. Anyone hear that?
Also the Readme.txt file in WTX just describes how to install or un-install the software. It does'nt go any deeper than that ! :?:

thanks for the input,....
Keith
janhess
Participant

Post by janhess »

Your comment about different developers experiencing different problems on the desktop is something we are experiencing. We have identified some of the discrepancies are due to different CLASSPATH definitions but this does not answer all our problems.
himerius
Participant

Post by himerius »

I see that: IBM WebSphere Transformation Extender Design Studio v8.2.0.1 Windows English eAssembly i also out now.

I was wondering how much better performance you get when useing native xml vs. the 8.0(124) version?
Keith
Participant

WSTX V8.2 fixes end of may beginng of June

Post by Keith »

Anybody heard anything on the latest to the upgrades to WSTX V8.2.
Thought there upgrades expected from IBM by beginning of June :?: !
Keith
janhess
Participant

Post by janhess »

It was available for download on 30th May 8.2.0.2 build 52. There is also an intfix1 that needs to be applied. This says it's build 55 but the version in Help About doesn't get updated.
http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.ws ... -8&lang=en
Keith
Participant

intfix1

Post by Keith »

I am on V8.2.0.0 Build 183; but it appears they advise the intfix1 first before dowloading the WTX V.2.0.2
I did try the downloading of the intfix1 but it said that I had it already.
So I skipped it. Will try to download the WTX V.2.0.2 , which appears as if it will take pretty much up to an hour to download.
Keith
janhess
Participant

Post by janhess »

There were 2 intfixes for 8.2.0.0. I'm surprised you got anything to work at that version.
Download 8.2.0.2 and apply intfix1 from the url I posted.