column missing in QAbox

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

sureshchandra
Participant

column missing in QAbox

Post by sureshchandra »

Hi,
In job deployment QA box,

i'm getting the fatal error column missing.How to resolve this pls help me.

Advance thanks
Last edited by sureshchandra on Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You're not on version 4. Please advise correct version. This will affect how the question is answered. Essentially your file structure and file definition do not match.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sureshchandra
Participant

Post by sureshchandra »

Thanks Ray,
If u won't mind can u help me how to resolve this.
sureshchandra
Participant

Post by sureshchandra »

This is the fatal error i'm getting

mq3_401k_step03..Focus_File.F_in: read_delimited() - row 1, column FC_NM, required column missing
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The second person personal pronoun in English is spelled "you", not "u". I find it offensive to be addressed as "u" in any format.

Until you confirm your version, we can not help you further. If you're on version 7.x you will get a ProfileStage answer; if you're on version 8.x you will get an Information Analyzer answer.

As I said earlier, your problem is essentially that your file definition (metadata) does not correspond with what is in your file. You have defined at least one more column than is actually there. We can't help you with that - you have to examine the file and to compare what's there with the file definition that you're using in ProfileStage.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sureshchandra
Participant

Post by sureshchandra »

Hi Ray,
First of all i'm sorry.
i'm doing the deployment.Running the batch jobs(adminstrative work).
Once the devloper finished devloping the jobs puts in version control.That jobs i will promote it to QA server for testing.Run in dos prompt.While running the jobs i'm getting this fatal error in director(7.5).
I think now you can get me what i'm saying.
Thanks