logical comparision of customer name/address in AuditStage

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

DLLAND
Premium Member
Premium Member

logical comparision of customer name/address in AuditStage

Post by DLLAND »

After conversion, we want to compare customer names.

Customer names have been deduplicated enriched, updated, currently a lot of customers use the same customer number name, address description, where we used a number of descriptions in the past, a lot of these descriptions look alike, but are not equal. Is there a String Similarity function available we are looking for a way to logically compare the content of a alpha field (range between 80-100% match)

e.g.
Medical systems COMPARING to Philips Medical Systems
Hendrikx COMPARING TO Hendriks

Is there a routine available to deliver a Data Matching percentage on Product and/or Customer names. What we want is a relialibility % of account names/address/City/product names after conversion and deduplication.

Did try
select SOUNDEX(PRIVATE_LABEL), SOUNDEX(REMIT_TO_NAME), DIFFERENCE(PRIVATE_LABEL,REMIT_TO_NAME)
FROM AUTOBILLEG
Do urgently need a better alternative

Regards and thank you for your help
Last edited by DLLAND on Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:03 am, edited 4 times in total.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That's not really a profiling task, so I don't believe you're using the right tool choosing AuditStage.

QualityStage is a tool that can perform probablilistic matching; I believe that would be the right tool for this circumstance.

You could also use DataStage, but you'd also need to come up with your own rule about how to calculate the 80% threshhold and implement that as a DataStage routine.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.