Multibyte chars

Formally known as "Mercator Inside Integrator 6.7", DataStage TX enables high-volume, complex transactions without the need for additional coding.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

skreddy2020
Participant

Multibyte chars

Post by skreddy2020 »

Hi,
How to handle multibye char in DSTX ? Any suggestions please.....

Thnks
skreddy
janhess
Participant

Post by janhess »

probably by specifying the correct Item Subclass/National language/Data language in the type tree but I'm not 100% sure.
skreddy2020
Participant

Post by skreddy2020 »

janhess wrote:probably by specifying the correct Item Subclass/National language/Data language in the type tree but I'm not 100% sure.
I tried and I have noticed that Mercator is treating the multi byte char as normal text when the text is being used with any of the functions. When I tried to read a sample file which has Japanese char ,the length of the text is 19 but the SIZE function returns 52.
balavk
Participant

Post by balavk »

Hi

We are facing the same problem in our proj.

There are multibyte Japanese characters which are not read in source properly and giving NLS error. However single byte characters are working fine.

Pls let me know if you have found out a solution.

Thanks
Bala

[quote="skreddy2020"][quote="janhess"]probably by specifying the correct Item Subclass/National language/Data language in the type tree but I'm not 100% sure.[/quote]
I tried and I have noticed that Mercator is treating the multi byte char as normal text when the text is being used with any of the functions. When I tried to read a sample file which has Japanese char ,the length of the text is 19 but the SIZE function returns 52.[/quote]
balavk
Participant

Post by balavk »

Hi

We are facing the same problem in our proj.

There are multibyte Japanese characters which are not read in source properly and giving NLS error. However single byte characters are working fine.

Pls let me know if you have found out a solution.

Thanks
Bala

[quote="skreddy2020"][quote="janhess"]probably by specifying the correct Item Subclass/National language/Data language in the type tree but I'm not 100% sure.[/quote]
I tried and I have noticed that Mercator is treating the multi byte char as normal text when the text is being used with any of the functions. When I tried to read a sample file which has Japanese char ,the length of the text is 19 but the SIZE function returns 52.[/quote]
jvmerc
Participant

Post by jvmerc »

I believe there used to be a japanese version or package offered. May want to see if IBM still maintains it or even offers it anymore.