Helpfile viewer problem in Vista?

Formally known as "Mercator Inside Integrator 6.7", DataStage TX enables high-volume, complex transactions without the need for additional coding.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

himerius
Participant

Helpfile viewer problem in Vista?

Post by himerius »

Hi.
When I run the helpfile in DTX I always get the "A problem with running the macro (1037)" errormessage.
I guess this is because helpfileviewer no longer is supported in Windows Vista.
Anyone know a workaround here?
Any alternate helpfile viewers around?
Didnt find any one download.com or sourceforge.net
hlap meh!
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There's no workaround of which I am aware. Switch to Windows 2003 Server (or, if you must, Windows XP pro).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
himerius
Participant

Post by himerius »

Sigh
Seems i have to run vmware then, wish compatability mode, really was compatible..
I downloaded something called Transformation extender online library, havent read it yes, but would that be a good substitute for the normal help proggy?
janhess
Participant

Post by janhess »

If you download the latest release of DSTX, 8.1.0.2, it comes with a different Help using Eclipse. That should solve your problem.
himerius
Participant

Post by himerius »

Ok ty, I will contact IBM yet again, I cannot find this version in the http://www.ibm.com/software/passportadvantage thingy
janhess
Participant

Post by janhess »

It will only be there if you are entitled to it unless IBM have screwed up your service contract like they did most peoples.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

:lol: Been there.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
jvmerc
Participant

Post by jvmerc »

"Help using Eclipse"

Don't get me started!!!!!
janhess
Participant

Post by janhess »

What's the problem? So long as it's installed correctly it works fine.
himerius
Participant

Post by himerius »

So this Eclipse helpfileviewer is installed with the latest DTX patch, or do you have to install it seperately? (still no answer from IBM)
janhess
Participant

Post by janhess »

The login page for the download is

https://www-112.ibm.com/software/howtob ... nPage?abu=

If you don't have a username & password you won't be able to get it.

Eclipse is part of the installation at 8.1
jvmerc
Participant

Post by jvmerc »

janhess - didn't I say don't get me started?

1. Companies may have policies that prohibit use of eclipse
2. don't really know but could there be version issues between the eclipse components installed with the tool and those installed for someone using eclipse for development?
3. When I installed it I needed to 'start' InfoCenter before I could use it (whats up with that? why should you have to start a service before you use a help file?)
4. If you don't install it correctly its a pain in the ...
5. Running InfoCenter requires more resources than you should need to use help files.
6. You'd think if a company wanted to add their signature style to the way help is used they'd make it easier not more difficult.
7. I'm stopping now as I'll go on forever, eventually getting back into my tirade about the goofy new interface that's so difficult to read, colors tat hurt the eyes, icons that are so small and similar looking they strain the eyes, ....... (I'm sooooooo disappoointed in the IBM changes, service, web-site yada, yada, yada we probably won't renew our service contract which is probably insignificant to IBM at just under 6 figures. It took almost a year to get the last contract right and then they didn't even prorate it.)

Will we eventually upgrade to 8? probably if I can't find a better tool. Will we scale down usage probably. will probably limit it to hipaa transactions only. I've already assigned most of the event management to a diff scheduler.

Is it still a great tool? yea, one of the best in my opinion. but not due to changes made by IBM.

So......... again I'LL TRY TO KEEP A POSITIVE ATTITUDE AND BE NICE TO IBM, THEIR FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS...........

grrrrrr........ I just can't stop.... and don't really understand why it bugs me so much.... normally I'd just walk away.
janhess
Participant

Post by janhess »

Trouble is if you don't renew your service contract you'll never get a working product. There's always a new bug springing up.
jvmerc
Participant

Post by jvmerc »

Now you're just tweaking me :cry:
himerius
Participant

Post by himerius »

Ty for helping me here guys, IBM promsied to give me the patch. Cannot say im impressed buy them though. Since they first gave me a patch only to fix the xml bug, and i had to get help here to get the info about a patch fixing helpfile viewing. Should just have given me the latest patch!