dsjob parm values

Do you have features you'd like to see in future releases of DataStage, MetaStage, Parameter Manager, Version Control or one of the other tools represented on this forum? Post your ideas here!

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

Ultramundane
Participant

dsjob parm values

Post by Ultramundane »

The parameters that are specified for dsjob can be read using ps -ef prior to the command shifting the arguments. They can be had by running a loop looking for passwords.

Please allow dsjob to read the parameters directly from a file containing the parameters. Also allow for a section seperator to locate the entries for a specified environment. For instance, if I say F, all parameters in the F section should be read. If this option already exists, please point me in that direction.

Thanks
Ultramundane
Participant

Re: dsjob parm values

Post by Ultramundane »

Ultramundane wrote:The parameters that are specified for dsjob can be read using ps -ef prior to the command shifting the arguments. They can be had by running a loop looking for passwords.

Please allow dsjob to read the parameters directly from a file containing the parameters. Also allow for a section seperator to locate the entries for a specified environment. For instance, if I say F, all parameters in the F section should be read. If this option already exists, please point me in that direction.

Thanks
Hmm, I just saw that this was already requested as an enhancement. That's good because it can be a security risk.

Just so that something is unique, allow for parameters to be read out of standard input.