difference between datastage server edition and TX

Formally known as "Mercator Inside Integrator 6.7", DataStage TX enables high-volume, complex transactions without the need for additional coding.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

krishnadeepthi
Participant

difference between datastage server edition and TX

Post by krishnadeepthi »

Hi,
can any one please let me know the key differences between datastage server edition and TX?

Please share if u have any tutorials on TX.

Thanks in Advance.
Best Regards,
Deepthi
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard.

The short answer is "everything". They are completely different products.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
saikir
Participant

Post by saikir »

Hi,

Some information on different version of DataStage:

DataStage Server Edition (server jobs):

DataStage Server Edition is a bit slower and a bit simpler but capable of some heavy slugging.

DataStage Enterprise Edition (parallel jobs and server jobs):

With parallel architecture massively scalable, able to turn a single job into many processes.

DataStage MVS (mainframe jobs):

Is a mainframe code generator. It has the same look and feel as other versions but transfers jobs onto the mainframe to run as programs.

DataStage PeopleSoft Edition (server jobs):

Is Server Edition restricted to two-CPU machines and bundled free with PeopleSoft EPM.

DataStage SOA (server or parallel jobs):

Is Server Edition or Enterprise Edition for service-oriented architectures (SOAs), with an additional realtime integration pack.

DataStage TX (TX jobs):

Formerly known as Mercator, handles complex transactions with supported industry formats. The Hawk version of this product came out in 2005. It can be accessed by Enterprise Edition as a plug-in.

Hope this gives some idea.

Sai
krishnadeepthi
Participant

Post by krishnadeepthi »

Thanks Sai...
Can u plz share if u have any docs or tutorials or let me know the links where i can find some...
saikir wrote:Hi,

Some information on different version of DataStage:

DataStage Server Edition (server jobs):

DataStage Server Edition is a bit slower and a bit simpler but capable of some heavy slugging.

DataStage Enterprise Edition (parallel jobs and server jobs):

With parallel architecture massively scalable, able to turn a single job into many processes.

DataStage MVS (mainframe jobs):

Is a mainframe code generator. It has the same look and feel as other versions but transfers jobs onto the mainframe to run as programs.

DataStage PeopleSoft Edition (server jobs):

Is Server Edition restricted to two-CPU machines and bundled free with PeopleSoft EPM.

DataStage SOA (server or parallel jobs):

Is Server Edition or Enterprise Edition for service-oriented architectures (SOAs), with an additional realtime integration pack.

DataStage TX (TX jobs):

Formerly known as Mercator, handles complex transactions with supported industry formats. The Hawk version of this product came out in 2005. It can be accessed by Enterprise Edition as a plug-in.

Hope this gives some idea.

Sai
Best Regards,
Deepthi
jvmerc
Participant

Post by jvmerc »

Go to the IBM site. They describe each product there. Most people are reluctant to share licensed documentation.

I wonder though, are you asking becaue you have a business need and aren't sure what product bet meets your needs? If so, perhaps you want to descibe the situation. Seems like people would be willing to help with advice.