datastage user creation without run permission

Formally known as "Mercator Inside Integrator 6.7", DataStage TX enables high-volume, complex transactions without the need for additional coding.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

sunayan_pal
Participant

datastage user creation without run permission

Post by sunayan_pal »

hi,

i need to create a user who can logged on to datastage and can view the job , i mean to say , he can see the metadata of a table , logic of transformer etc but cannot modify the jobs and cannot run the job as well in the director.

but if i enter with the Datastage Designer role i can do all the thing.

please suggest hw can i create such a user.
remember we can't make the job read only as then even a designer role cannot edit the job then.

regards
Sunayan
regards
sunayan
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard. Is this question about DataStage TX, or DataStage other than TX?

If the latter what you request is not possible. If DataStage TX (which is suggested by the forum in which you chose to post) I do not know whether what you ask is possible, though I doubt it.

The reason is that DataStage does not have its own user-based authentication mechanism. It uses roles which, in turn, are based upon membership in operating system groups. And there is no role that provides the functionality you request.

All you can do is submit an enhancement request. There is a forum here for doing that, or you can submit through your support provider. In either method you will need to make a business case to justify the change.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.