The requested Data Is Empty

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

dssiddu
Participant

The requested Data Is Empty

Post by dssiddu »

Hello All

After column analysis done , for some tables i am geting the error like this "The requested Data Is Empty:" when i am going to view the sample data even though data is exists in the oracle db .

Could you please send how to resolve it .....

Adv Thanks
:roll:
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Can you verify where the sample data are stored? What are the row counts (sample size) for the sample in the PSDB?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
dssiddu
Participant

Post by dssiddu »

Hi Ray

thanks a lot for your quick replay .

Still that sample data not prepared , for that table when i am going to click on "view smaple" at that time i will get this error.

Q) please tell me while importing table from the database to repository only table strucutres imported or even actual data also ?

Thanks
dssiddu
Participant

Post by dssiddu »

Hi Ray

For your info . Sample row count =Zero for that perticular table.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Only table structures are imported, and then they're largely ignored while the analyses look at actual data (what's really there, as opposed to what the metadata claim).

Usually the sample is created during the Column Analysis phase. Can you review your work there - even reset so that the Column Analysis is recorded as not done - and check to see whether you disabled generation of the sample data? What sample size did you specify?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
dssiddu
Participant

Post by dssiddu »

Hi Ray

Could you please elobarate it, Bcz i am not clear still.....