what is an mdx file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vellanki
Participant

what is an mdx file

Post by vellanki »

Hi,
How do i create an mdx file in datastage. Can any one please tell me what an mdx file is ? How its been generated in DataStage px 7.5. What is its importance.

Thanks
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Whomever told you that you needed to do this should be the one to ask about what it is and guide you on how to do it. Sounds like some kind of Borland/dBase file:

http://filext.com/file-extension/mdx

I'm guessing what you'll actually end up doing is generating a delimited flat file (csv?) that is imported by some kind of utility on 'the other side'.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
mctny
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by mctny »

mdx is also the Microsoft's multidimensional ( cube) sql standard. I don't know if those files have mdx extension though.
Thanks,
Chad
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Ah... I was assuming that was the extension, especially since it was written in lower case. Guess that may not be the case. Still, go back to whomever gave you the requirement for guidance. Or at least for guidance as to who in your organization can give you some guidance. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers