are companiess willing to go for datastage TX ?

Formally known as "Mercator Inside Integrator 6.7", DataStage TX enables high-volume, complex transactions without the need for additional coding.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

dxp
Charter Member
Charter Member

are companiess willing to go for datastage TX ?

Post by dxp »

hi all,

can anybody give idea, whether datastage TX is widely used in market?
whether really it was used for the purpose it was designed?..i.e. RTI services and Compatability?

i came thru one of my client who bought the TX licenses but not using it enough.
janhess
Participant

Post by janhess »

Not sure about RTI services and Compatability. We use it for transformation both transactional and batch and for integrating systems utilising many of the supplied adapters - file, database, http, mime, ftp, JMS, Batch file, Archive
jvmerc
Participant

Post by jvmerc »

"can anybody give idea, whether datastage TX is widely used in market? "

Well I can tell you that I started using it 6 years ago when it was still Mercator. At that time it was being used by a host of companies a couple that spring to mind are Boeing & Comcast. I also know of a number of insurance companies and financial institutions using it. Before bringing the tool in house we looked at a lot of alternatives. Lawson Software also integrated some components in their applications back then.

Like janhess we use it for inbound and outbound data transformation. We also use it for real-time transactions via 'Event Agent', we aren't using RTI (Developed by Ascential). Adapters used - http, ftp, DB, email, batch, zip... Within the last year we've also started executing maps via another tool called Redwood Cronical.
dxp
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by dxp »

janhess and jvmerc,

thanks for the replies and giving the idea..

i felt TX , creates skill dependency. the client cant afford to lose a guy after developing an application.

i think, to make it easy to connect complext systesms...they created a complex software...

sorry to say that, this was my first impression with TX.
I believe, TX has edge in proividing RTI services.
but, unless a client sees the ROI before starting a project, he wont implement the TX....even he buys licenses..an in my client's case!!!

I felt Datstage PX is an excellent tool in every aspect. TX competes with it because of RTI services....

correct my disbeliefs if u find any....

thx,
dxp...