how to use quality stage

This forum is in support of all issues about Data Quality regarding DataStage and other strategies.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

raghav123reddy
Participant

how to use quality stage

Post by raghav123reddy »

Hi,
Can somebody help me how to use quality stage...I am new to it...I want to learn ...I have a file to cleanse 2 things so i'll appreciate it if somebody can help me out...
Thanks...
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Go through the manuals. That should give you a kick start on the "how to's". We have "Data Quality" forum dedicated to Quality Stage issues. You can refer to them.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
Krazykoolrohit
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: how to use quality stage

Post by Krazykoolrohit »

raghav123reddy wrote:Hi,
Can somebody help me how to use quality stage...I am new to it...I want to learn ...I have a file to cleanse 2 things so i'll appreciate it if somebody can help me out...
Thanks...
Starting to learn QS without a mentor is quite messy specially if you use the provided documents. Start with the documents and post your queries in QS forum. thats how you will learn quickly.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Take the vendor's training class. This runs for four days. Rather more than be packed into responses here.
Last edited by ray.wurlod on Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ashok
Participant

Post by ashok »

Follow closely the documentation provided with QS client install, the necessary steps are explained but need extra home work to get experience, as it not as straight as data stage help menu or pdf's help us,

There is lot of probability analysis you will come across either with standardization or matching or survivorship once you come through small issues initially to run a job successfully in Quality Stage.

My suggestion is read user guide and getting started guide carefully, note down points and follow the forum for help when ever needed.