Sequential Stage in PX While Reading XML File

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

seethamsetty
Participant

Sequential Stage in PX While Reading XML File

Post by seethamsetty »

I have designed a server job which is working fine. as below

Folder -> xml transformer ->xmlinput ->Transformer -> xml outout

I am trying to design the same job in PX EE using squential stage.
in place of folder stage.

it give the following error:

Sequential_File_19,0: Error reading on import.
Sequential_File_19,0: Consumed more than 100,000 bytes looking for record delimiter; aborting
Sequential_File_19,0: Import error at record 0.
Sequential_File_19,0: the runLocally() of combination of 7 operators [Sequential_File_19; XML_Transformer_11; XML_Input_0; APT_TransformOperatorImplV0S1_Fra_Mclane_Xml_BC_Xml_IMP_PX1_Transformer_1 in Transformer_1; XML_Output_2; XML_Output_3; XML_Output_4], partition 0 of 1, processID 8,366 on node1 failed.

Sequential_File_19,0: Output 0 produced 0 records.

APT_CombinedOperatorController,0: the runLocally() of combination of 7 operators [Sequential_File_19; XML_Transformer_11; XML_Input_0; APT_TransformOperatorImplV0S1_Fra_Mclane_Xml_BC_Xml_IMP_PX1_Transformer_1 in Transformer_1; XML_Output_2; XML_Output_3; XML_Output_4], partition 0 of 1, processID 8,366 on node1 failed.
APT_CombinedOperatorController,0: Operator terminated abnormally: runLocally did not return APT_StatusOk

main_program: Step execution finished with status = FAILED.

Is there any one master in EE who has gone thru this stage.

Thanks in advance
seethamsetty
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What does your Format property page specify as the record delimiter?

Does this delimiter occur in your data?

What can you discern from your answers to these two questions and the text of the error message?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

SAME issue.

But seethanmsetty chose not to post a parallel job question on the parallel jobs forum. :roll:

Could this be a symptom of Eidelberger's Syndrome? You keep asking the same question until you get the answer you want?

(Don't search for it - I made it up. But thismay help.)
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.