Promoting jobs

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

How many jobs are there in the project? You may have hit some kind of design limit.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kvercruy
Participant

Post by kvercruy »

I didn't thought of that! It is definitely possible since we did not have the problem before.

There are 611 jobs in the project (and some temp/trash jobs that we do not promote). What is the limit for the number of jobs? Can this value be altered (without serious consequences)?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I doubt that's the problem. We routinely promote from Projects with 3 or 4 times that number of jobs into a VC Project with 6 or 8 times the number. I only found one other person asking the same question about two years ago, and it was never answered.

Suggest you give Support a shout, see what they have to say. And you could try rebuilding the Project's indexes while you're at it, too. Search the forum for DS.REINDEX if you are unfamiliar with that process.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers