It is good not to be alone

Got a positive word to say about the DSXchange? Let us know!

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

WoMaWil
Participant

It is good not to be alone

Post by WoMaWil »

Hello,

it is a good feeling to be together with such a big community. One of the values is the contribution of all top-posters which spent a lot of time to answer and discuss questions.

Thank you all.

Who has new about top-3 Poster ArndW? His last post was 8th Dec. Did he have an accident with his bike?

Everybody a happy new year.
Wolfgang Hürter
Amsterdam
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Arnd is 'semi-retired' and tooling around on his new boat that he seems to be living on now. He said he would be off and on (mostly off) as he lived the Good Life cruising ports for Wild Women. :wink:

:? Or he might be working down under... not really sure right now. We'll have to see if/when he resurfaces!
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I don't believe Arnd has come to Australia, though it is something he'd like to do at some point. I'm sure he would have been in touch to arrange having a beer or three.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
WoMaWil
Participant

Post by WoMaWil »

Okay, than I will wait until he is once "on" again. He was off from the DS-Community (at that time Oliver was the meeting pot of the Community) between 11th September 2001 and November 2004. The old Central-European-DataStage-Soldiers will meet for a Whisky in Frankfurt next Tuesday, so I am trying to get him to this event until now without any chance.
Wolfgang Hürter
Amsterdam
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Hallo Wolfgang & others;

I just got back from being a bum in the Caribbean. Last night was the first time in a month that I slept in a bed on Terra Firma and it is strange to wear shoes and long pants again...

I was sailing around and enjoying vacation - but I did have trouble connecting to the internet and the Iridium phone that I had intended on purchasing to connect to the WWW has been postponed since I managed to get a new dinghy and outboard engine stolen the day I bought them (no mean feat...) so I need to rebudget and perhaps work a bit more at DataStage before buying that connectivity toy.

When are you planning on having a reunion in FFM? I might be able to make it...
WoMaWil
Participant

Post by WoMaWil »

We haven't yet fixed if the Meeting of the DataStage Veterans will be in FFM, CGN or ZRH. What Georg said so far is to wait for the end of Carneval and to make the meeting in the beginning of March. John is actually having a lot of training sessions and Georg is pretty much involved in Carneval. We let you know.
Wolfgang Hürter
Amsterdam
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Wolfgang - I can go anywhere where EasyJet or another el-cheapo carrier goes from the UK :) I was thinking of taking time off for Fassnacht as well and seeing what it is like in Trinidad and Tobago and I bet that if Georg weren't so busy with his local Karnevalsverein I'd invite him for a "Real" Mardi Gras party.

p.s. You could have warned me that Georg and Christoph have gone over to the dark side of ETL!