'CS_TEXT_TYPE' not supported

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Paddy_McD
Participant

'CS_TEXT_TYPE' not supported

Post by Paddy_McD »

Can anyone tell me if there is a way around this :
Dynamic_RDBMS_36: Sybase data type 'CS_TEXT_TYPE' for column 'AAAA' is not supported

Thanks.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Welcome aboard, Paddy. :D

Before we go any further with this, can we verify your 'particulars' that you marked your post with, please? There is no 6.x version of EE where parallel (PX) jobs will run on a Windows server, so could you let us know what those values should really be?

Thanks. It will help get us on the right path more quicker.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Paddy_McD
Participant

Post by Paddy_McD »

[quote="chulett"]Welcome aboard, Paddy. :D

Before we go any further with this, can we verify your 'particulars' that you marked your post with, please? There is no 6.x version of EE where parallel (PX) jobs will run on a Windows server, so could you let us know what those values should really be?

Thanks. It will help get us on the right path more quicker.[/quote]

Thanks - Release 7.5.1.A
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Ok, more please. What operating system is your DataStage server installed on? That's what the "OS" question was asking. For that version it must be some flavor of UNIX, not Windows if you are working with Parallel jobs. You are asking about a parallel job, aren't you? :?

ps. No need to quote the entire post you are replying to, a simple reply will do.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

It seems the Sybase functionality doesn't support a datatype. Sometimes we're successful by changing the metadata to one closely compatible and hoping that it will work. Sometimes a CLOB datatype can be gained with VARCHAR, provided the data is small.

I think with PX you're going to have a tough time because of the absolute data typing that occurs. Maybe you could give us some information about this particular columns datatype, as the "not supported" seems fairly clear as far as usability.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

I think the driver that is being used is not compatible with that data type. I think you need to get in touch with support and get a patch or a workaround.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
us1aslam1us
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by us1aslam1us »

If you are using sybase 12.5 version then there is a patch available for that. Contact your provider.
I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work.
Thomas Alva Edison(1847-1931)