Director JobControl (@Coordinator): Summary of sequence run

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jandersen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Director JobControl (@Coordinator): Summary of sequence run

Post by jandersen »

Is there any way of attaching this log file entry to an email.

It would be a great way to check the status of all server job steps in a sequence.
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by I_Server_Whale »

How about using a 'Notification_Activity' Stage in your job sequence with the 'Include job status in email' option checked.

Whale.
Anything that won't sell, I don't want to invent. Its sale is proof of utility, and utility is success.
Author: Thomas A. Edison 1847-1931, American Inventor, Entrepreneur, Founder of GE
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Get the log in a file using the dsjob -logsum and redirecting the output to the file. Attach that file in your sequence job. Or if all you want is a summary then check the option "Include job status in email" in the notification activity under the notification tab.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If all you want is this particular entry, you will need to do a little more work (a routine). Scan backwards from the newest log ID until you find this particular event. Then write it to a file to be attached, or call DSSendMail() directly from your routine.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.