DataStage Client Encounter a problem, then quit

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

xinhuang66
Participant

DataStage Client Encounter a problem, then quit

Post by xinhuang66 »

My Client Platform is Win XP Version 2002 + SP2.
Sometimes when I work on Job Sequencer development, I encountered a error message, and then the whole DS will quit. the error message is in the pics.

Does anybody has any ideas about it ..

I cann't upload the pics. Just write down all Error messages.

DataStage Designer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Please tell Microsoft about the problem.

Basically, the error is very similar to an IE errors.

[/url]
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by I_Server_Whale »

Hi,

This is what one of my ex-colleague found out when he had the same issue. Below is the quote from his email:
Do you guys remember the issue where when editing the sequencer designer would crash after making multiple changes to the job? Well I don't have an explanation but I do have a resolution! Notice the "Checkmark" Icon known correctly known as the button to handle/show "Stage Validation Errors" on the attached pic

If this button is selected then datastage will behave the way we have seen in the past, however if you un-select this button life is good. I tested this by taking a sequencer that had 20 stages and I deleted each one, one-by-one including the links and it never even hesitated or crashed.
Seems like a cheesy solution but let me know if it resolved your issue. :wink:

Whale.
Anything that won't sell, I don't want to invent. Its sale is proof of utility, and utility is success.
Author: Thomas A. Edison 1847-1931, American Inventor, Entrepreneur, Founder of GE
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

The less 'cheesy' answer would be to download the patch for this from the eService website. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by I_Server_Whale »

Wow ! Cool. Thanks Craig ! Didn't know that there was a patch for that.

Thanks !

Whale.
Anything that won't sell, I don't want to invent. Its sale is proof of utility, and utility is success.
Author: Thomas A. Edison 1847-1931, American Inventor, Entrepreneur, Founder of GE
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Specifically the e72758-multi-client.zip patch.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
xinhuang66
Participant

Post by xinhuang66 »

chulett wrote:The less 'cheesy' answer would be to download the patch for this from the eService website. :wink: ...
I unchecked the button, but still mee the same problem.

It looks that I need to apply the patch. Unfornuately, i still couldn't get the validation email about my login......
xinhuang66
Participant

Post by xinhuang66 »

I cannot login to eService website, can anybody send the patch to my email box? xin.huang@senetas.com
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by I_Server_Whale »

I think distribution of patches without the consent of Ascential/IBM is considered a legal violation.

Instead, you should probably call them and figure out why you are not able to login and resolve it.

Whale.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

You may need to use your official company email address for login. Check if email been blocked from IBM in you email server.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Sometimes the email function of e.services doesn't work. I suggest your ring IBM-Ascential support and ask for the patch and ask them to manually send you an e.services authentication message.