Missing Aggregator stage properties

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

PeterPol
Premium Member
Premium Member

Missing Aggregator stage properties

Post by PeterPol »

Hello,

I have a parallel job that includes an aggregator stage. Because performance is not sufficient I want to see if a server job will make sense. However, when I look in the aggregator stage of the server job, there seems to be no properties that allows me to set grouping keys, aggregation column properties, and other options.
My server aggregator stage has 3 tabs (stage, inputs, outputs). The stage tab has only one general tab in which I can set stage type, description, before- and after stage subroutines, and input/output values ??

Somebody knows what I do wrong?

Peter
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

In the server Aggregator stage it's all done through the Derivation in the Columns grid. Double click in this cell to open the derivation editor, then select the input column then either check the Grouping check box or choose an aggregate function from the drop-down list.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.