Using dsjob command

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

abhay_Mannur
Participant

Using dsjob command

Post by abhay_Mannur »

I'm very new to the DataStage and want to find more about dsjob command. Currently someone login to DataStage client and checks the logs for the job and I want to automate this process. Somebody suggested me this command.

Any help to explore this command is appreciated...
abhaym
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Welcome Aboard :P

dsjob command does a variety of different things depending upon what you want it to do.
Search this forum and look into your help docs. You will find everything you are looking for.
As a newcomer advice, use the search facility before posting up a question. You will be amazed by the amount of discussion topics on a single problem. Its even quicker than to wait for some one to swing by and answer your post.
As you become more familiar with dsjob command, especially to retrieve logs, you will see that a few lines of code can accomplish what you want to automate.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Welcome. :D

You've certainly chosen a non-trivial task for someone 'very new' to DataStage to tackle. It may be mitigated somewhat, however, by sticking with the 'dsjob' utility which basically turns this into a scripting exercise.

Read the Command Line Interface section of the Server Job Developer's Guide pdf manual, that is the first place to start. You should find it in the 'Docs' sub-folder where you Client software is installed, assuming you have a client on your machine.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
abhay_Mannur
Participant

Post by abhay_Mannur »

Thanks for the replies so far. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
abhaym