Modify stage

Do you have features you'd like to see in future releases of DataStage, MetaStage, Parameter Manager, Version Control or one of the other tools represented on this forum? Post your ideas here!

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

Nageshsunkoji
Participant

Modify stage

Post by Nageshsunkoji »

Hi All,

Modify stage : Difficult stage in PX, insense of usability and synatx.

Functions like STRING_TRIM is not trimming properly both leading and trailing spaces. I have tried all options suggested by DS gurus in this forum. Still I didn't get proper result.

My wish is, if IBM will take care of this function in next release. It will be very helpful to so many users of Datastage PX and they can avoid transformer stage in lots of places.

regarding Syntax of Modify stage. as for Orchestrate reference manual, so many functions are possible with Modify stage. But syntaxes are not given properly mentioned anywhere. If they provide these synatxes in manual, it will be very helpful to all of us and use of this satge will be very effective than now.

Due to lack of improper documentation, So much of efforts are needed now to use the modify stage and to get the results.

Now, only functions properly working and used by somany people are Dropping columns,renaming columns and handling the nulls. I am requesting for proper documentation.
NageshSunkoji

If you know anything SHARE it.............
If you Don't know anything LEARN it...............