viewing data from the input sequential file of a paralleljob

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kirankota79
Premium Member
Premium Member

viewing data from the input sequential file of a paralleljob

Post by kirankota79 »

Hi ...Can anybody please tell me how i should view the data from the properties of a sequential file in a parallel job. What iam doing is i used a sequential file to extract data, sort it and load the data in an sequential file.
But iam not able to see the data in the input file. when i compile there are no errors. but iam not able to run the job. I think, this is becoz it is not able to find the data. when i click the VIEW DATA button in the properties of the sequential filre, it it showing as NULL ARCHIVE. Can anybody of u give me some suggestions?

kiran.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard. :D

You may have more luck posting this question on the forum dedicated to questions and answers about parallel jobs - maybe not all of the folks there read the General forum.

What exact version of DataStage are you using? While versions from 6.0 onwards will let you design DataStage jobs on Windows, only version 7.5x2 will allow any form of execution (which includes View Data).

Note, also, that 7.5x2 is NOT the same as 7.5.2.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
samsuf2002
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by samsuf2002 »

check the data types for the fields in source file
hi sam here
kirankota79
Premium Member
Premium Member

datatype in the sequential file of a parallel job

Post by kirankota79 »

samsuf2002 wrote:check the data types for the fields in source file
Iam using a column name called SSN and i defined it as an integer. since SSN has 9 digits.....it is automatically taking the length as 10. and iam using only one this column as input.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Does your input file have data with the same metadata? Did you import the metadata using sequential file? Check if your filepath and file name are pointing to the exact location. Is your server on windows?
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
Mahadev
Participant

check the metadata and Properties of sequential file stage.

Post by Mahadev »

Import the meta data again. Open the sequential file and see how the columns are seperated, the end delimiter and see if the data is in double quotes. see if all these properties are given correctly in the properties tab in sequential file stage.
Mahadev V
saugat_1982
Participant

Re: viewing data from the input sequential file of a paralle

Post by saugat_1982 »

Kiran
I do have the same problem ,so let me know if u ll find any solution
Saugat Dey