About Parallel Lookup

Do you have features you'd like to see in future releases of DataStage, MetaStage, Parameter Manager, Version Control or one of the other tools represented on this forum? Post your ideas here!

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

Nageshsunkoji
Participant

About Parallel Lookup

Post by Nageshsunkoji »

Hi,

I have posted this question already in Parallel enterprise edition forum about Lookup stage in parallel 7.5.1. In the present 7.5.1 lookup stage GUI, in lookup it's allowing to trim the columns and passing the parametsr as a lookup key and some other Transformer stage compatable functions. But, if we use this functions, the datastage aborting the job, that means there are no such facilities in the Lookup orchestrate code. So, my wish about future release is, please add those functionalities in the lookup stage or remove that GUI facility which allowing the user to do all those functions to avoid confusion. If they provide this functionality in the Lookup, it will be greatful.
NageshSunkoji

If you know anything SHARE it.............
If you Don't know anything LEARN it...............
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I doubt that they'll do this, since the philosophy in parallel jobs is "one stage, one task". Certainly there are no plans to include lookup capability in the Transformer stage. But, hey, if you don't ask it will definitely never happen.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Nageshsunkoji
Participant

Post by Nageshsunkoji »

ray.wurlod wrote:I doubt that they'll do this, since the philosophy in parallel jobs is "one stage, one task". Certainly there are no plans to include lookup capability in the Transformer stage. But, hey, if you don't ask it will definitely never happen.
Hi Ray,

Thanks for your reply. I think, we have to raise this issue with IBM and we have to see , what explanation we will get from them.

Here my problem is how to raise this issue with IBM ? Can you help me in this ?
NageshSunkoji

If you know anything SHARE it.............
If you Don't know anything LEARN it...............
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That it's here will mean that DSXchange will forward it to IBM. If you wish, you can also raise a formal enhancement request through your support provider.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
stotman
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by stotman »

ray.wurlod wrote:That it's here will mean that DSXchange will forward it to IBM. If you wish, you can also raise a formal enhancement request through your support provider.
It helps us in product management if you do formally raise an enhancment request on these things through support but this is definitely a good place to gather additional enhancements and ideas from 8)
That and just generally browsing the forums 8).

Cheers

Steve
Steven Totman
Team Lead Metadata
Product Management
Information Server
IBM
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Hey Steve - LTNS! Are you back in the US or the UK now?