DataStage Doco Tool

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kingy26
Premium Member
Premium Member

DataStage Doco Tool

Post by kingy26 »

I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas about how the DataStage Doco Tool Works. I know that it uses an Access database to allow reporting but does anyone know if it is possible to schedule the updates for the Doco Tool to run at predefined times or can they only be run manually?

Any help or guidance would be much appreciated.

Thanks
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

As far as I know, the 'Doco Tool' can only be updated manually.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
narasimha
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by narasimha »

I searched but did not get much information about DataStage Doco Tool . Can anybody share more information on this tool?
Narasimha Kade

Finding answers is simple, all you need to do is come up with the correct questions.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It was deprecated in version 5.2. It dumps metadata into an ODBC database - scripts are provided in the directory for creating the requisite tables in Oracle, SQL Server, etc. It does not handle parallel jobs, it does not handle job sequences, and it needs a patch even to be able to handle server jobs correctly. They would prefer you to use MetaStage or the new documenter in version 7.5 Designer.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

The proper name is the 'Reporting Assistant' and it is an optional component when installing the Client on your pc. I don't bother any more.

Manager / Tools / Reporting Assistant...
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
narasimha
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by narasimha »

Craig/Ray

Thanks for the information/clarification.
Narasimha Kade

Finding answers is simple, all you need to do is come up with the correct questions.