Hash File Error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Jean
Participant

Hash File Error

Post by Jean »

Hi,
I've a problem on jobs using hashed file.
We have a job running every day for severals months and without any change on it, it runs wrong with this kind of message :
"ds_seqopen() - Win32 error in CreateFile" or "DSD.UVOpen Unable to open file 'F:\INFOCENTRE\HASH\H_IFC_BAFI_REF'"

We have checked permissions, the folder exists, and without any action, the job run correctly the day after (we just relaunch it).

I've searched on the forum and haven't found anything giving me a clue for resolving this problem.

Does anyone have any idea ?

Regards,
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Look in the hashed file folder - there should be 3 files in it, a DATA.30, a OVER.30 and a hidden file .Type30.
The other other occurs when trying to create your output sequential file. Is drive "F" local or remote and does your userid have permissions to write/create files in that directory?
tagnihotri
Participant

Re: Hash File Error

Post by tagnihotri »

Also check for the correct VOC entries (which should be in synch with the presence of the mentioned files).
Cheers,
BA
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Is there any message in the log about Type 30 table full? This means that your T30FILE setting (in uvconfig) is inadequate for the number of dynamic hashed files that you are trying to open system-wide simultaneously. Remember that the Repository tables are also hashed files. Increase the setting of T30FILE, stop DataStage, regenerate and start DataStage.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.