DS Info - Problem with URL

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

ADN is dead and has been replaced by IBM's DeveloperWorks. Start here:

http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/

You'll need to register first, then you'll have access to what you are looking for.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Lavanya Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Lavanya Srinivasan »

Dear chulett,

I appreciate what you are saying. I have registered with IBM, and then only I started accessing the link. I have tried all possible ways only then I have raised this issue.
ADN is dead and has been replaced by IBM's DeveloperWorks. Start here:

http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/

You'll need to register first, then you'll have access to what you are looking for.
Any other options?

Many Thanks
Lavanya
Krazykoolrohit
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Krazykoolrohit »

Is there any specific information you looking for which is not available in the installation docs and also not on this site?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Ok then, tell us what the heck 'trace the contents' means? I had no problem clicking on the link you provided and seeing the post, hence my assumption you did not have an id for the site.

What exactly happens when you try to visit that URL?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I'd report the dead link to IBM if I were you. There are other paths you can take from the DeveloperWorks page; there is also a Search facility there.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

You would be hard pressed to find the differences in DataStage versions 7 and prior. Most of the IBM information is about the new features in the IBM Information Server. You can find a lot of IBM Information Server info on this site by searching for it. Ray had a long post. I had a couple posts on my blog (see URL links in my profile). IBM have a ton of papers and webinars about it.
tagnihotri
Participant

Post by tagnihotri »

I read you don't have acess to DS which makes things tougher! But the best way I think would be to base any DS version say 7.5 first, try and explore the pdf's its features and fundamentals. For any querries forum is always there!

Exploring the enhancements may be really interesting but you won't be in a situation to appreciate them if you don't know why they are there!