Not able to run the executable job in different environment.

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sengs
Participant

Not able to run the executable job in different environment.

Post by sengs »

We created the parallel job and made the executable(DSX) and ater importing tried running it in testing environment and it was working fine. When i tried running the same job in production environment i got the following errors:

1. Oracle_Nxrp_Ctr_Flag: APT_OraInstanceSet::setup() failed to find an Oracle instance on node node1;
the hostname is `<< OUR HOST NAME>>'.

2. Tfm_Ins: Failed to load the library "V0S1_Nxrp_Src_Trn_L2vpn_Avl_Dtl_Tfm_Ins.so"; either the directory containing the library file
is not on the library search path, or the library was compiled on a system
that is incompatible with this system: Could not load "V0S1_Nxrp_Src_Trn_L2vpn_Avl_Dtl_Tfm_Ins": Mmap failed for the library</dsstg/Ascential/DataStage/Projects/MetrixReporting/RT_BP1028.O/V0S1_Nxrp_Src_Trn_L2vpn_Avl_Dtl_Tfm_Ins.so> : Permission denied..

Could anyone pls help me on this. We are now trying to move the code to production environment and we are fcing these problems. Both the environment set up in simillar way and all the permissions for the files are also same for both the environment.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Both of those messages are totally clear.

You have a node called node1 but there is no Oracle instance there. Configure one.

The text of the second problem includes the diagnostic "the directory containing the library file is not on the library search path, or the library was compiled on a system that is incompatible with this system" which also directs you pretty effectively to a solution.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sengs
Participant

need help

Post by sengs »

How i can configure that one with the node 1.

for the second issue i was able to see all the library files as in testing envronment with the same permissions....

as i was new to these things pls help me in solving...
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Look in your configuration file to determine which machine (fastname) is node1. Configure Oracle client software there.

The shared library search path issue is not whether you can see them but whether DataStage processes can. Look at the "environment variable settings" in a job log - how is LD_LIBRARY_PATH set there? How is it set in the dsenv script?
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sengs
Participant

Solve tat problem. Info needed abt C++ runtime library.

Post by sengs »

Hi,
Actually i solved that problem by setting the permission as '777' for the project folder. Now i was able to run the jobs. Whether we had any permanent fix for that.
Previously we had issue like the job executables taken from system testing server was not working, so installed complier in both the UAT and Production environment. After removing the compiler, will there be any issue in both the environments for running the Server / Parallel jobs. Want to know about which all library files are involved in executing both the server / parallel job. So that we want to make that as a package and deliver it with the code. Whether we are having some kind of patch or dll packages for all the runtime processes.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

777 has its own intrinsic dangers. When you get a minute review the groups to which developers belong and get them organized properly so that you can revert the permissions to 775.
sengs
Participant

Post by sengs »

ok... thanks a lot.... now i have changed it to 775 since i dont need some one from other groups to acces it.......

i want some help from you regarding the another issue i was speaking about the C++ runtime library.....
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What's unclear about
either the directory containing the library file
is not on the library search path, or the library was compiled on a system
that is incompatible with this system
?
sengs
Participant

Post by sengs »

The thing i am asking is different one from the previous issue.... tat was all because of the issues in the permission for groups.

wat i am asking now is like, we are not sure about whether after removing the compiler will there be any issue in running the job executables. to be on safer side we are planning to create a package kind of thing with all the library files which will be needed for the parallel jobs execution. i also need list of all library files and where they resides.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That is not documented anywhere public, so you (or someone) would need to discover the answer, either by fiddling with LD_LIBRARY_PATH or by moving/renaming libraries, etc. There are (in the current version) RT_SCnn subdirectories in the project where some of the objects end up, there would be some in $APT_ORCHHOME/lib, there may be some in $DSHOME/lib, you may also need to access ODBC driver libraries in $DSHOME/../branded_odbc/lib, and so on.

Ask your support provider to request this information from IBM, and post the answer so we can all know.
sengs
Participant

Post by sengs »

i am not able to see the full replies of yours.... since we dint have enough time to do analysis... i am expecting help from you folks over here.... if u can help me in this tats really gr8full.....
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Etiquette Note
This is an all volunteer site. The only place from which you can expect help is a support provider to whom you pay maintenance fees.
sengs
Participant

Post by sengs »

yup... thanks a lot... i ll check it out with IBM.....