Training Curriculum

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

gateleys
Premium Member
Premium Member

Training Curriculum

Post by gateleys »

Hi,
It would be really nice if the various training announcements were accompanied by their curricula. I would love to know what is being covered during the training(s) to see if it would help me. However, it is good to know that, finally we have trainings that are more reasonable in terms of cost, and from resources that we believe in and respect.

gateleys
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

May I ask what prompted this post?

The curriculum for the server to parallel transition lab has been posted in the past - a simple search will find it.

The curricula that I offer are published on my web site (see signature block), with detail available by following a simple link.

The same is true of IBM's training offerings - there is a link to a course description page.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Like Ray is not qualified. Give me a break!
Mamu Kim
gateleys
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by gateleys »

kduke wrote:Like Ray is not qualified. Give me a break!
Whoever said that!!!! :roll:

gateleys
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Certified.
Certifiable.
Something like that. :lol:
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
gateleys
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by gateleys »

ray.wurlod wrote:May I ask what prompted this post?
Ray, I am just suggesting that it would be easier and more convenient for those of us who might have 'missed' the link to the training curricula. For example, when I follow the Registration link to the EE Fundamentals training - it says:
Description: A 3-day lab covering the basics of DataStage EE (PX), including certification tips.

Similarly, the Chicago training (and that is the only link available from DSX homepage) reads -
Description: A 3-day lab providing hands-on experience with DataStage Enterprise Edition (PX) in a multi-CPU Linux environment. Followed by TWO 1-day best practices seminars on QualityStage and ProfileStage.

Wouldn't it be more helpful if the curriculum listed more details? Just my point of view, and its not like I have any qualms over the trainers' experiences and qualifications.

gateleys
gateleys
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by gateleys »

Thanks Ray,
That is exactly what I meant. I just wanted to call the attention of the site editor (or whoever is responsible) to provide such information together with training announcements (like the current one on Fundamentals of EE in Dallas).

gateleys
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Fundamentals of EE is my curriculum but cut back to three days.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

gateleys

I was just joking. I think the course has been describe lots of times. Any course with Ray as a teacher has got to be pretty good. I took the first course and learned a lot. I am sure it gets better every time he teaches it.
Mamu Kim