SEQUENCE

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vijaynaidu
Participant

SEQUENCE

Post by vijaynaidu »

HI ALL,
I HAVE 4 SEQUENCES. I CAN'T RUN THE SEQUENCES SIMULTANEOUSLY THOUGH I HAVE GIVEN MULTIPLE-INSTANCES. I CAN RUN FROM JOB LEVEL
i.e., 1 sequence and a job belong to other sequence
The jobs are not related why it is happening so?
can any solve the situation.

thanks in advance
vj
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Hello vj,

welcome to DSXchange. It is important to post your questions in the appropriate forum - this one is to contain testimonials and not questions.

What is preventing you from running these sequences in parallel? Could you post the error messages or describe what isn't happening?
vijaynaidu
Participant

Re: SEQUENCE

Post by vijaynaidu »

vijaynaidu wrote:HI ALL,
I HAVE 4 SEQUENCES. I CAN'T RUN THE SEQUENCES SIMULTANEOUSLY THOUGH I HAVE GIVEN MULTIPLE-INSTANCES. I CAN RUN FROM JOB LEVEL

thanks in advance
vj
i am unable to run the 2nd sequence of jobs while the first sequence is running.
vijaynaidu
Participant

Re: SEQUENCE

Post by vijaynaidu »

vijaynaidu wrote:HI ALL,

thanks in advance
vj
i am unable to run the 2nd sequence of jobs while the first sequence is running. It doesn't give any message.
The 2nd seq will be in running state and the jobs won't run untill the first sequence get completed.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

It sounds like your two sequences are linked together in your master sequence design and therefore they won't start at the same time. Remove that link and you will find that they start off simultaneously.