Mouse Scrolling

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jguldy
Participant

Mouse Scrolling

Post by jguldy »

My mouse scroll wheel doesn't work in DataStage Designer in the design window; however it does work for my co-worker. Would this be a setting I'm missing somewhere, or might it be hardware-dependent (depending on what brand/model mouse I have)? I did a search first, but didn't stumble across anything.

TIA,
Joni G.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Welcome to DSXChange, jguldy!

It isn't a function of DataStage; the mouse scrolling function just issues the windows commands to go up or down {n} lines. It must be some windows setting. Can you scroll in a Word-For-Windows or notepad session using the mouse with the same userid that won't work in a DSDesign window? I'd be surprised if that were the case.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I've also seen this. I think it's related to the mouse brand; some work, some don't. No idea why. But it's frustrating when you're used to the scroll wheel!
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
jguldy
Participant

Thanks

Post by jguldy »

I suspected it was the hardware. I can scroll just fine in the repository panel if that is my current focus. It just doesn't seem to recognize that the design panel has focus when I want to scroll vertically. The horizontal scroll is working just fine the in the design panel. Frustrating is right!

Thanks for the quick replies!

Joni G.
ds_developer
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ds_developer »

You are very lucky - I have worked with DS for almost 7 years and have never had a mouse that will scroll Designer :x !
Very frustrating.

John