Please post clear and descriptive topics

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

roy
Participant

Please post clear and descriptive topics

Post by roy »

Hi All,
Time and again people here post topics with poor description in the topic/additional info.

"Wierd behaviour"
"Please Help"
and any variation or topics of similar nature are not an acceptable topic :!: :evil: :!:

Though I try fixing some of theese posts I can't keep up with the incoming trafic :(

The topic and additional info is what you see as a result of any search in this forum.
Please save all of us the time of clicking each result and dig in to see if it has what we need by givving a good description that will make us waste less time.

If you have an error give a selected part that might help others identify it if they come across it.

If your post is upgrade related note it in the mentioned topic or additional info.
And so on.

Let us leverage this forum to all it can be and not make it another dump of mixed info that will take forever to sort in order to get what you need from it.

Regards,
Last edited by roy on Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Etiquette Note
Do not hijack threads. In particular, do not hijack "sticky" threads.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.