Errors in Director still running

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Abdulwahabza
Premium Member
Premium Member

Errors in Director still running

Post by Abdulwahabza »

Hi,

I had executed this job known as xxxxx. I checked the director and found error

Code: Select all

SRADCmsAltEq430..T_Cms_Alt_Wrk_Load: ORA-12899: value too large for column "RA01"."T_CMS_ALT_EQ_ITEM_WRK"."PRI_CUST_ACCT_ID" (actual: 7, maximum: 6)
I stopped the job from director..couple of times , it stopped and i reset the job. I went back to designer and compiled that job. it compliled with out error. But in director the errors are still running, I ran the job for a limit of 50 warning, the job aborted, but the errors in director does not stop..they keep on running may be from execution of first time.I tried to clear log..went into clean up resources.. get the pid for xxxxx , kill the job from unix with command Kill <PID number>. The director is still showin error. I know kill is to kill the job if its hanged or lock but i dont know how to get rid if this errors in director. When i try to clear log upto last run its saying
" Cannot find 'Job started' in the log
Please help,

Regards
Wahab
bibhudc
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Errors in Director still running

Post by bibhudc »

I suspect your session is still open with the database and is trying to insert records and hence encountering the ORA-12899 error. Killing the job from Director always doesn't terminate the connection "immediately" with Oracle. Check with your DBAs and try to kill your open session.
Bibhu
Abdulwahabza
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Errors in Director still running

Post by Abdulwahabza »

bibhudc wrote:I suspect your session is still open with the database and is trying to insert records and hence encountering the ORA-12899 error. Killing the job from Director always doesn't terminate the connection "immediately" with Oracle. Check with your DBAs and try to kill your open session.
Thanks , It stopped after it rolled back...Thanks a lot
Wahab