Parameters

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vijayindukuri
Participant

Parameters

Post by vijayindukuri »

Hi All,
I am facing a problem with parameters as iam migrating code from one environment to other.
The problem is with the password and although same passwords are used in both the environments.... every time when i migrate code i need to change this i.e remove the password parameter and add it again.

Can any how ro resolve this.
thanks in advance
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,
I've moved this topic to the General Forum for 2 reasons:
1. No indication to which it relates was supplied by the poster.
2. Though I can observe the info supplied in other posts by the original poster and deduct the platform that user is working on, this issue might relate to both server and parallel jobs as well as sequnce jobs, which is equaly relevent to both server and parallel job-developers.

Having that said Ican now address the original post:

vijayindukuri ,
Can you please describe the process you undergo when your parameters get messed-up?

In what jobs types do you experiance this behaviour?
Is it in server/parallel or sequence jobs?

Are you using parameters or hard-coded values in encrypted parameters of jobs?
(Using parameters, over hard-coded values, is prefered)

Understanding the actual scenario you experiance is crutial to help "us" help you :)

IHTH (I Hope This Helps),
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
vijayindukuri
Participant

Post by vijayindukuri »

I was a bit late in answering your question and sorry for not giving you exact details about the post, and it was by mistake.

Now this post belongs to serverjobs and When my parameters get messed up the jobs are failing with invalid username and password.
Although the username and password are same in both the environments iam getting this error.
Are you using parameters or hard-coded values in encrypted parameters of jobs?
I am using parameters only.

Thanks in advance.
kris007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris007 »

Are you sure you are passing the correct values to the parameters? No matter what you have hardcoded in the job properties you will be able to pass the correct values during the runtime. If it fails when you are passing the correct values during the runtime it implies that the username or password is really invalid in this environment. Check with your DBA and make sure that the password is same in both development and test.
Kris

Where's the "Any" key?-Homer Simpson
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

I could vaguely recall, there was a post stating that, in some version of Server edition, you need to reconfigure the password for each time you move the code from one environment to another.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'