Problem Generating Typetree

Formally known as "Mercator Inside Integrator 6.7", DataStage TX enables high-volume, complex transactions without the need for additional coding.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

jackcool
Participant

Problem Generating Typetree

Post by jackcool »

Hi ,
Iam new to Tx .Here is the scenario i was trying accomplish.My Target is Database.I was using Database Interface Designer to generate type tree from Table.One of the Tables has "CLOB" as datatype .Database Interface Designer is complaning "Definition Table XXXX could not be accessed".
My question is can we generate type tree for tables with "CLOB" fields ?

Any help is appreciated .

Thanks

Jack
rodneycrowe
Participant

Re: Problem Generating Typetree

Post by rodneycrowe »

jackcool wrote:Hi ,
Iam new to Tx .Here is the scenario i was trying accomplish.My Target is Database.I was using Database Interface Designer to generate type tree from Table.One of the Tables has "CLOB" as datatype .Database Interface Designer is complaning "Definition Table XXXX could not be accessed".
My question is can we generate type tree for tables with "CLOB" fields ?

Any help is appreciated .

Thanks

Jack
Did you test the database connection? I have created type trees using database interface designer for tables containing CLOB defined columns.
I have not experienced any problems.
jackcool
Participant

Re: Problem Generating Typetree

Post by jackcool »

I did tested the database connection.I was able to create type trees for tables with no "CLOB" .
BTW which Database did you used to created the type trees for "CLOB" ?
rodneycrowe
Participant

Post by rodneycrowe »

I was using an Oracle 9i DB at the time. I am not a DBA. But I do know that the database interface designer looks at some system tables in oracle when creating these type trees. You could always modify the type tree after it is created to include the CLOB. My $.02
jackcool
Participant

Post by jackcool »

Thanks for the reply.Can you tell me how can i generate a type tree for table skipping a specific column.If there is document, if you can point me to that would be ideal .Iam looking at database interface designer guide ,but i dont see any such option.

Thanks
Jack
rodneycrowe
Participant

Post by rodneycrowe »

I was thinking that you could change the table description in Oracle to make it CHAR for the one column and create the type tree. Then change the table description back to CLOB in oracle and edit the type tree to the have the properties that you want for that column.
janhess
Participant

Post by janhess »

According to the documentation (Oracle Adapter guide) you should be able to use CLOB ok.
jackcool
Participant

Post by jackcool »

For some reason i was having problem connecting to Oracle using the Adaptor.So I was using ODBC to connect to my remote oracle database.Iam not sure whether ODBC is causing CLOB handling issues.
jackcool
Participant

Post by jackcool »

I was able to generate the type tree atlast ,when i switched Database Connectivity from ODBC to Oracle Adaptor.But I see bunch of warnings

"Warning 34 reference 5: Overwrote existing type (and possible subtree).
Warning 34 reference 34: Overwrote existing type (and possible subtree).
Warning 34 reference 66: Overwrote existing type (and possible subtree)."

Are these warnings normal ?

here are my settings
Row Group Format : Delimited
Delimiter : |
Terminator : <CR><LF>
Release : !
National Language : Western
Data Language : Native
janhess
Participant

Post by janhess »

It's just doing what you told it to do in the Type Tree generation. It means it is recreating the particular objects.