Project Locking

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

oacvb
Participant

Project Locking

Post by oacvb »

Hi,

Yesterday the sequencer was aborted and the error was -14. Please find the following error.

V3ReceiptsControl..JobControl (fatal error from DSRunJob): Job control fatal error (-14)
(DSRunJob) Job V3ReceiptsFileUpload appears not to have started after 60 secs

Today i reset the jobs and tried to run / validate it, but it was not. When i tried to open the job, i got the following message.

ACCESS DENIED:- Project Currently Locked. The project is currently locked by the administrator. Try again later or see your Administrator.

Note:- I am able to access the jobs through Datastage Director, but not through Designer or Administrator or Manager.

Please advise on this to resolve the Access Denied problem.

Regards,
O.A.C.
rasi
Participant

Post by rasi »

Hi

Do a search on this forum with the keyword project currently locked this topic was covered before

[/url]
Regards
Siva

Listening to the Learned

"The most precious wealth is the wealth acquired by the ear Indeed, of all wealth that wealth is the crown." - Thirukural By Thiruvalluvar
MaheshKumar Sugunaraj
Participant

Post by MaheshKumar Sugunaraj »

Hi,

If you can check in the DATA STAGE DIRECTOR, then go to

Job ---> Cleanup Resources

check for the Job name and log out of it

else do the following

In UNIX got and check if you have any pervious instances hanging, if so kill the instance and then try. Steps to go is as follows:

$ ps -ef (will check/display for all teh instances on the server)

If your able to find the Instance number i.e., PID then

$ kill -9 PID (this will forcefully kill the PID instance)

Also please use the Search facility in the fourm as Rasi has suggested, there have allot of discussions regarding the same.

Hope the above helps.

With Regards
Mahesh
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Project Currently Locked. The project is currently locked by the administrator. Try again later or see your Administrator.
It seems this is not for this job alone...
Check with other job...
If so restart the server.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
kwwilliams
Participant

Post by kwwilliams »

Have you called support? If you have a question that is effecting your own environment you should contact IBM. This board can provide some help but not as much as IBM support can by looking at your actual environment.