QualityStage Ruleset problem

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

MelissaAnsell
Participant

QualityStage Ruleset problem

Post by MelissaAnsell »

I have created a new ruleset but I am getting the following error when running a standardize job utilising the new ruleset.

C:/Projects/QT/Logs/STAN.Step001.log:STN(3420):7/09/2005 10:28:22 AM (MSG_stan.c:7 ; stan.c:525) ERROR: error returned from mkDictLoad in StanSpecCompile:
C:/Projects/QT/Logs/STAN.Step001.log:STN(3420):7/09/2005 10:28:22 AM (MSG_vutils.c:13; vutils.c:1287) ERROR: vexit status=1

I have also tried testing the new ruleset through the Ruleset Analyser but I get the following error

Runtime Error '70' Permission denied...........................and then the application bombs out !!!!

All aspects of the ruleset seem to be created correctly (ie, the DCT, CLS and PAT files).
Help would be appreciated
Melissa
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard! :D
At a guess, you lack write permission in the folder for your output file from the STAN
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
MelissaAnsell
Participant

Post by MelissaAnsell »

ray.wurlod wrote:Welcome aboard! :D
At a guess, you lack write permission in the folder for your output file from the STAN
Hi Ray,

Where is this set up for my new ruleset as my standardisation jobs run fine for auname.
Thanks
Melissa
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It's usually the Data folder in your Project that these files are written.

I would have to check whether the Rules Analyzer uses this folder, however, and my current site isn't using QS. Anyone else?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
tcj
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by tcj »

ray.wurlod wrote:It's usually the Data folder in your Project that these files are written.

I would have to check whether the Rules Analyzer uses this folder, however, and my current site isn't using QS. Anyone else?
The files that Rules Analyzer uses for testing are stored in the RULES folder where your QS client is installed on the pc. The rules get copied over to the projects folder on the server when the job is deployed.
MelissaAnsell
Participant

Post by MelissaAnsell »

tcj wrote:
ray.wurlod wrote:It's usually the Data folder in your Project that these files are written.

The files that Rules Analyzer uses for testing are stored in the RULES folder where your QS client is installed on the pc. The rules get copied over to the projects folder on the server when the job is deployed.

I have permissions to write to the data folder and the Rules folder and also, with the standardise job with auname working correctly, I'm not sure what other permissions I need for my new ruleset.
Thankyou
Melissa