House number gets lost during the UNDUP process

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

PilotBaha
Premium Member
Premium Member

House number gets lost during the UNDUP process

Post by PilotBaha »

I have a very straight forward QS UNDUP match process that takes one input file coming out of a Geomatch and dedupes the results. During the production runs for some reason the result file loses the House number and the house num suffix. So anything that comes in like 123 Main St. ends up being <blank> Main St.

Jobs are constructed very simply :

Input File ---> QS PLugin ---> Output file..

This job is under a sequencer that is under the main sequencer.

Now here's the weird part..

When I run this job QS only it works fine. When I run it from the DS jobs that invokes the QSPlugin it works fine as well..

I checked the parameters in sequencer, that kicks off the DS job and the parameters in the DS job that runs the QS piece, everything is fine and dandy..

I have run out of possible culprits.

Any ideas?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The only thing I can suggest is that you check the datafile definition for the output file, to ensure that the HN column is not being overwritten by some other column. That is, check that the start and length of every field are correct. My suspicion is that you are (accidentally) overwriting the HN field with something that's blank.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
PilotBaha
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PilotBaha »

ray.wurlod wrote:The only thing I can suggest is that you check the datafile definition for the output file, to ensure that the HN column is not being overwritten by some other column. That is, check that the start and length of every field are correct. My suspicion is that you are (accidentally) overwriting the HN field with something that's blank.
That crossed my mind.. But, then how come it's working on individual runs from both QS and DS ? Needless to say, a case is open with Ascential..
Earthbound misfit I..
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Yeah. Weird. Nothing overwriting it subsequently? Do let us know what "they" have to say.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
PilotBaha
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PilotBaha »

Nope.. Nothing is overwriting it..
"They" are taking a look at it.. During the process "they" found out that "they" are not able to import an IMF exported from 7.0.1 into 7.5

:)
Earthbound misfit I..
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That will be very handy to know, until "they" fix it. Hopefully that will be soon. :o