Urgent :Match Job Extract for FileA and File

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

saadmirza
Participant

Urgent :Match Job Extract for FileA and File

Post by saadmirza »

Hi,
I am not able to format the extract according to my requirement...I want in the duplicate output as
Duplicate record from File A and the matched record from file B one below the other in the same file.
How do I achieve that....I select in the extract output for Match and DupA as the output file but the expected requirement is not coming...Please suggest me a solution...Its really urgent...

Thanks,
Saad Mirza
PilotBaha
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PilotBaha »

Use UNDUP as the option at Match stage.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

UNDUP is a one-file match. Use a two-file match if there exists a one-to-one relationship between the rows in the two files, or use a GEOMATCH if the relationship is one-to-many.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
PilotBaha
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PilotBaha »

I overlooked that one.. I though he was interested in deduping the stuff..

Thanks for the reality check Ray :D
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Saad, Please post examples of what you've got as source, what you expect to get as result, what you're actually getting as output and why that doesn't meet your expectations. Which kind of match process are you specifying? Also have you performed any investigation or conditioning (standardization) on the source data?
Would you consider reformatting the data such that file B was appended to file A, and performing an UNDUP on the single file? This may be more convenient if there are non-matching rows.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
saadmirza
Participant

Post by saadmirza »

Thanks a lot everyone....I was able to resolve the issue using Geomatch as Ray suggested...In future ,i will definitely keep in mind to provide the exact scenario of the issue so that i get a more precise solution..

Thanks,
Saad Mirza