Great Work

Got a positive word to say about the DSXchange? Let us know!

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

dsrules
Premium Member
Premium Member

Great Work

Post by dsrules »

I think DSXchange is my lifeline. I keep checking it every hour or so. I have made it my home page in the explorer so, like it or hate it I see it every time I open a new explorer window. :D
Thanks to everybody who has spent time and effort in creating a forum like this. Its the be all end all for any DataStage Developer who is searching anything online related to DataStage, I found the ADN puny in its comparison.
Keep up the Great Work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)
Mack
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

It is interesting to compare what forums work on each site. While ADN gets less then 1/10th the volume of DataStage posts they are more successful with other parts of the suite. This site has just 9 RTI posts and 10 ProfileStage posts while ADN has 114 and 83 posts. In TX they have 795 posts to 51 on this site. It's a good sign that both sites are healthy.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The nice thing about ADN is that Ascential employees are officially permitted to post there. :wink:
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
dzdiver
Participant

Post by dzdiver »

ray.wurlod wrote:The nice thing about ADN is that Ascential employees are officially permitted to post there. :wink:
Surely youre not suggesting Ascential employees would post here unofficially :wink:
martin
Participant

Post by martin »

Ray..Duke....Chullte....Sainath......You Guys are Amazing .....Simply Great..... And This Forum......I have No Words to Say....Your Contribution To Your Fellow Developers Through This Forum......I Salute You All Guys.

Martin
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

IMHO,
The numbers Vincent mentioned are for the simple reason that there are less experts in the mentioned areas outside Ascential.
Most people here are Server and EE People.
If this site had more experts posting regarding the other topics the picture might have been different.

Plus the more veterans here remember why ADN came to pass in the first place, so no wonder they have more volume in TX.
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
kiran_418
Participant

Post by kiran_418 »

what is the ADN website
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

kiran_418 wrote:what is the ADN website
www.ascential.com
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Actually, it's http://developernet.ascential.com - Ascential Developer Net. Soon to be IBMWSDN. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Prashantoncyber
Participant

Post by Prashantoncyber »

ya, I has become lifeline for developer like me.

thanks to everybody.
Prashant
Editor

Post by Editor »

First, as the Editor and "operator" of the DSX, I want to thank everyone who took time to share their best wishes for this site. I think a number of reasons why both sites exist.

1. We do not associate your ability to participate in the forum with owning a valid DS license number. (Although we will soon limit membership to those that share accurate information about themselves)

2. The folks that have the most answers are classic veterans. Their strengths are from years of working in the trenches and their willingness to share those experiences. As time goes on, those same experts will learn the other products as well as they know DS and will be willing to share in forums like PS, QS and RTI/SOA

3. The issue of employees being able to post and be recognized as experts is the most important reason of the imbalance of forum activity. Employees who work with the less exposed products of the suite use their forum to promote usage and support users over and above what happens in customer support. It's unfair but just what we live with at a truly INDEPENDENT forum.

Bottom line, 8000 members can't be wrong. It's time for those who are answering the majority of the questions, to share that load with those blooming DS experts who want to participate. It's also time for folks to show they have done their homework before coming to the site for answers. We want and need feedback. We need to use and leverage the information here to raise the level of experience, income and reputation of the consultants and products we support. If you membership is not helping to accomplish that, rethink your position here.

Thanks for all your continued support.

Editor.... Dennis