REUSE WORKAREA

Formally known as "Mercator Inside Integrator 6.7", DataStage TX enables high-volume, complex transactions without the need for additional coding.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

cloggieroo
Participant

REUSE WORKAREA

Post by cloggieroo »

As a newbie to DataStage TX I am after some clarification about 'reuse workarea' card option. If I execute a map as a one off and use the 'reuse workarea' option (doesn't make sense but bear with me), and then execute the same map later in the day (separate job), is that workarea still available for me, or do I need to re-initialize?

Having a problem with memory - keep running out - and am trying to find a way of minimizing central memory - and wondering whether the space is cleared after a job completes (which is the way I would design it), or does it stay memory resident (or file resident depending on how you specify it) until memory flushed (which sounds stupid, but some things in computing are). :?:

Thanks in advance for any views :lol:
jsmoley
Participant

Post by jsmoley »

Use reuse work area for lookup type files that don't change. This is for maps running under the Event Server.
If you are using 6.7 or higher and have memory issues, it could be a leak, or your map page size & count settings could be too high.