Error : User Id is a required stage property

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

chooi
Participant

Error : User Id is a required stage property

Post by chooi »

Hi all,
any idea with this error :" User Id is a required stage property".

Thanks 1st.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Exactly what it says - you are using a stage that has a property called 'User Id'. It is required that it have a value and you haven't provided one.

Which stage are you dealing with?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
chooi
Participant

Post by chooi »

the source stage facing this problem. i think is because of user id and pwd not correct..any ideas?
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

chooi,

what type of stage are you using? Stages that access databases usually need a user-id & password and it looks like you haven't set it. Is this a compile-time or run-time error? If you think that the user-id/password combination might be wrong you can try to connect directly to the database (i.e. SQLplus on Oracle).
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

chooi wrote:the source stage facing this problem. i think is because of user id and pwd not correct..any ideas?
It's got nothing to do with it being incorrect, that would generate a completely different error. It means that, as far as the stage is concerned, you've left the fields empty. And saying 'the source stage' doesn't help. As Arnd asked - what exact stage type is it?

Arnd - fyi, these types of errors would be runtime errors. The compiler generally doesn't try to enforce stuff like this. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If you read the entire error message, it also reports the stage about which it's complaining. This will help you to narrow down the culprit. Then open this stage (link, perhaps) and determine which User ID field has been left blank.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
T42
Participant

Post by T42 »

user_id is missing and not supplied with a value.

Our answers greatly depends on what specific stage you are using. Please let us know.